There are so many wonderful blogs out there these days! Teachers, students, first-time moms, engaged couples, everyone seems to be hopping on board the bloggin-train! I have spent the last few days browsing the world wide web looking for great blogs by new teachers, or just teachers in general. I came across a couple that I really enjoyed and wanted to share with you.
Kindergarten Tales
http://kdgroom102.blogspot.com/
This blog wasn't written by a new teacher but I really enjoyed this blog, it was by far my favorite! This particular kindergarten teacher shares all of the games and activities that she is doing with her students and even posts pictures and videos of the students doing them. Some of her most recent blogs are pretty entertaining since it's the holiday season. She discusses Turkey Day activities the students were working on and also has a video of the students in their costumes on Halloween, too cute! It's a great blog because it captures all of the fun and exciting things the students are doing in Kindergarten, but it also provides the reader with links and information for doing those same activities and lessons in their own classroom. On the right hand side, she lists blogs in other grade levels that are also neat to look at. My interest in this blog probably stems from my newfound love of Kindergarten, but I really enjoyed it!
The Story of a Beginning Teacher
http://kdgroom102.blogspot.com/
I really enjoyed this blog because it was so honest. This blog is written by Michelle, a beginning teacher, who is writing about her experiences in her first year of teaching. I liked this particular blog because it noted the struggles and successes of being a new teacher and described what it's really like when you are finally on your own. For example, her most recent blog starts off by saying "After many months of feeling unsuccessful, I finally feel successful..." Michelle does a nice job of discussing her feelings before the school year even started and what the first day was like, and now takes note of the changes she is making and new strategies she is implementing to be more successful. A great blog to read for teachers who are nervous about being a first-year teacher!
Of course, there are many more blogs out there than just the two I listed. The web is packed full of blogs written by teachers and each of them contain information that may be helpful to pre-service teachers like myself. Happy Blogging!
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
These two blogs resonate with me because of the pattern they present. I am really starting to see more clearly how many struggles and mistakes I am inevitably going to make, but how I will learn from those is what I really get from these blogs. Though it is an obvious pattern, I still find it refreshing to read about. Thanks for these resources Ashley!
I agree! There really are so many wonderful blogs, especially for teachers. I feel like many of the teachers who have started teaching blogs have the language to express their feelings and experiences in a meaningful and interesting way. I am so glad that you found a kindergarten blog that was so well done! I think that it will be beneficial to follow it, since you are currently in a kindergarten classroom. Perhaps you can take ideas from her classroom and make them your own. A favorite blog that I found is written by a first grade teacher, which I think is why it resonates so well with me.
It's nice that you found a blog that is candid about the emotions that a first year teacher is feeling. Usually there is not more than one new teacher in a building, that thought alone is daunting. We have been so closely knit together in Woodring that being on our own next year is a little scary. It is nice to know there are people feeling the same way that you are and opens some doors for communication with other people in your same situation.
Nice Find!!
Post a Comment