Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Personal Growth

Prompt-
Interns: You've been in your internship classroom since late August, assisting your Classroom Teacher in launching the school year. For your first blog post describe, briefly, one strong conviction about teaching that you brought to the classroom that has changed considerably during this time. What changed, and why is this a sign of personal growth?
If there is one thing that I have learned so far this year, it's that teachers HAVE to be flexible! I don't want to say that I didn't know this coming into student teaching, but I don't think I realized the extent to which you have to flexible sometimes. I have had a very interesting start to the school year and after watching some of the challenges and difficulties that my cooperating teacher has had to face, I realize that sometimes entering the teaching profession (and most other professions) can be like entering the "unknown." Fortunately for me, I was blessed with an amazing cooperating teacher and someone that I really look up to and hope to one day emulate. I watched her rise to the occassion despite being pulled in different directions and being thrown curveballs day after day. These last few weeks have helped me to grow because it has made me aware of the fact that difficult situations can arise and you have to be able to roll with the punches and stand strong. Although my experience thus far has been very unique, it's still experience. And every bit of teaching experience that I can receive will benefit me in my future career.

1 comment:

Cody Johansen said...

I admire your resolve through the difficult situation of moving classrooms and CT's. You are definitely on the road to being a very thoughtful and flexible teacher.